Order groceries online in San Diego
When you order groceries online and have them delivered to your home or business, the primary benefit is convenience, which can be different for everyone. Today’s busy internet-savvy families with small children prefer to order groceries online, because it gives them more quality time together. Many shoppers living in apartments like the fact that, after they order groceries online, friendly grocery delivery drivers will carry large orders or heavy items like pet food or cases of water, especially up flights of stairs. Families with elderly parents find it very convenient to order groceries online and arrange for home grocery delivery for “mom and dad”.
When you order groceries online you can also dramatically reduce your grocery bill by eliminating impulse buying. For example, buying junk food while shopping in a grocery store on an empty stomach.
Generally, shoppers like to order groceries online from the privacy of their home, any time of day or night, and receiving their order fresh to their door from a friendly driver.
Ordering groceries online from Vons.com is very similar to buying groceries at your neighborhood VONS grocery store. You can even shop from a list of your regularly purchased items, use grocery coupons when you shop online, and save money on Club Card specials.
Personal shoppers hand-select your groceries from a nearby Vons store, so you receive the same quality items, prices and Club Card specials.
How to order groceries online from Vons.com and arrange for grocery delivery.
- SELECT YOUR GROCERIES by aisle, brand, and express list.
- SET DELIVERY DATE & TIME. Select a 1-Hour, 2-Hour, or 4-Hour delivery window.
- PAY BY CREDIT CARD
Login to your > Vons.com account.
- Shop by history, express list, aisle, and brand.
- Choose delivery day. Select a 1-Hour, 2-Hour, or 4-Hour delivery window.
- Pay by credit card.
Questions About How to Order Groceries Online
- How do I get started?To order groceries online, if you have an account, sign in with your user name and password. If you don’t have an account, you can register for one by clicking on the Register link.You do not need to register if you just want to browse through the site as a guest. Simply enter your zip code on the right-hand side of the Sign in page and start looking for products using the Search tool, or the Express List, Shop by Aisle or Shopping History features.
- How do I search for products?To order groceries online you can search for products in a variety of ways. The simplest way to order groceries online is to enter the product you want in the search box at the top right corner of every page. If you have a shopping list, you can type in all the products at once using the Express List tool and click the “Find Now” button. You can also browse through products using the Shop by Aisle feature.
- Is there an easy way to shop for items that I frequently buy?All the items that you have purchased using your Club Card, whether in-store or online are saved in your Shopping History. Note that if you entered your existing Club Card number during registration, all of your past Vons/Safeway purchases will be loaded to your Shopping History within 48 hours. You can view a list of purchases from your last online order or the complete history of all purchases with your Club Card and then order groceries online.
- How do I add items to my cart?When you see a product you want, enter the desired quantity in the number box, or use the up and down buttons to increase or decrease the amount. To order groceries online, click the Buy button next to the item, or the Add all to Cart button if you want to add several items at once. If you would like to leave a note about the product for your personal shopper, click the “Request to your Personal Shopper” link located directly under the Buy button for every item (example: select green bananas only). Please note: On weighted items, the estimated weight will be automatically calculated as you enter a quantity.
- How do I remove items from my cart?To remove a product from your cart, click View Cart. You can adjust the desired amount by changing the quantity in the number box, or by using the up and down buttons. Then, click the Update button. You can update quantities of multiple items on this screen and then click on the Update All to Cart button located at the top or at the bottom of the page.
- What is Shop By History?This is another way to order groceries online. Shop By History is the FASTEST way to shop, and it’s like having your own personal store. Items you’ve purchased with your registered Club Card, both in-store and online, are saved in your personal Shop By History. To order groceries online you can fill your cart in minutes, since all your recent purchases are already on 1 page. No need to create a separate shopping list. To load your in-store purchases into your Shop By History, all you have to do is enter your existing Club Card number during registration. TIP: If you didn’t enter your Club Card number when you registered, you can add your in-store purchases to your online history by adding your Club Card number within “My Account” or by calling 1-877-505-4040.
- Is there a minimum order amount?Yes, a $49 minimum purchase amount (excluding applicable tax, delivery fee, fuel surcharge, bottle deposits and bag fees where applicable) is required to process and deliver your order.
- How much is the delivery fee on my first order?If you are a new customer, you get FREE delivery on your first order. Simply enter the Promo Code: EASY7 at checkout.
- Can I get Club Card savings online?Yes. A Club Card icon next to a product indicates a Club Card price. Click the icon to view the details, including sale ending dates and other limitations/requirements. To maximize time and savings, register with your Club Card number. If you don’t enter one when you register, we’ll automatically generate a new Club Card number for you. Club Card savings may differ online and in store.
- Can I find all the products online that I buy in the store?You may find nearly the same selection you might find in your local VONS store. Some items however, like hot prepared foods don’t transport well. Additionally, items such as greeting cards, magazines, books, DVDs and stamps are currently excluded from our online selection. Others may be unavailable at times.
- Can I place a delivery order for someone else?If you want to order groceries online for a parent, friend or a student away at college, simply create a new account with that person’s delivery address and use your own credit card for payment.
- How do I pay for my order?We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards, and debit cards that have a Visa or MasterCard logo. Cash, Vons/Safeway gift cards, Fast Forward, personal checks and other charge accounts are currently not accepted online.
- What happens if an item is out of stock?Occasionally, we may run out of an item when you order groceries online. At checkout we ask you if you would like us to attempt to substitute a similar item. You always have the option of returning a substituted item for a full refund. If you are dissatisfied with an item when it is delivered, notify your driver, and he/she will return it and your credit card will receive a refund for the price charged for the item. If your driver is no longer present, please contact Customer Support at 1-877-505-4040 to help resolve the issue. If an item is missing from your order, you have 48 hours from the time of delivery to notify Customer Support for a full refund. Note that certain items, including alcoholic beverages, baby formula and tobacco products cannot be returned or refunded once you have accepted delivery.
- Can I change or cancel my order after I have checked out?Yes, you may change or cancel your order up until 3:00 AM for an order scheduled for delivery between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM or up until 8:30 AM for an order scheduled for delivery between 4:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Orders that need to be canceled, can be canceled online prior to midnight the day before the scheduled delivery. To change your order, click on the Order History link at the top of any page. Click on the update button to the right of the order you wish to make changes to. Select from three options: Change delivery time, Change order, and Cancel order. Please note: coupon codes cannot be entered once an order has been initially submitted.
Questions About Home Grocery Delivery in San Diego
- Do you deliver groceries to my area in San Diego county?We offer grocery delivery in most areas and suburbs of San Diego. To find out if we deliver to your area, enter your zip code on the “Sign In / Register” page.
- When can I get my groceries delivered?We deliver 7 days a week between 9:00 am and 10:00 pm local time, at most locations.
- Can I get delivery the same day?Yes, we have Same Day Delivery most days. Submit your order by 8:30 am for delivery between 4:00 pm and 10:00 pm. For earlier Same Day Delivery, between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm, submit your order by 3:00 am. (Note: All times listed are local to your area.)
- Do you have 1-Hour delivery windows?Yes. With 1-Hour delivery windows, you can schedule a grocery delivery at an available time that perfectly fits your tight schedule. You can also save money by selecting an available 2-Hour window or an environmentally friendly “Green” 4-Hour window. Look for delivery windows marked with “Save $” and “Green”.
- Is there a minimum order amount for delivery?Yes, a $49 minimum purchase amount (excluding applicable tax, delivery fee, fuel surcharge, bottle deposits and bag fees where applicable) is required to process and deliver your order.
- How much is the delivery fee on my first order?If you are a new customer, you get FREE delivery on your first order. Simply enter the Promo Code: EASY7 at checkout. You may also qualify for FREE or discounted delivery fees on subsequent orders. Please refer to the “How do I get free or discounted delivery?” question for ways to save.
- How do I get FREE or Discounted delivery?If you are a new customer, you get FREE delivery on your first online order. Simply enter the Promo Code: EASY7 at checkout.You may qualify for daily FREE delivery offers. Click the “Online Savings” link in the red navigation bar at the top of the page to view offers. Discounted delivery options are also available every day (windows noted with “Save $”) on the delivery window selection page.
- What is the home delivery fee?Regular home delivery rates in most areas are $9.95 on purchases of $150 or more (excluding applicable tax, delivery fee, fuel surcharge, bottle deposits and bag fees where applicable) and $12.95 on purchases under $150 (excluding applicable tax, delivery fee, fuel surcharge, bottle deposits and bag fees where applicable). A fuel surcharge may apply. The surcharge will be listed on your final receipt and is equal to 10¢ for every 10¢ increase gas prices above $2.75 per gallon. If you qualify for Free Delivery, there is no fuel surcharge. Bag fees where applicable may also apply. Business delivery fees are described below. There are also ways to get FREE or discounted delivery. Please refer to the “How do I get free or discounted delivery?” question for ways to save.
- Do I need to be present at the time of delivery?Yes, for Attended Delivery windows, someone over the age of 18 must be present. If someone over the age of 18 isn’t present at the time of delivery, your driver will return your items and issue a refund to the credit card used. If your order contains alcoholic beverages, tobacco products or other age-restricted items, someone over the age of 21 must be present to accept and sign for the delivery or pick up. Valid (non‑expired, government issued) identification confirming the age of the person signing for the delivery or pick up of any age-restricted items is required where that person reasonably appears to be under the age of 30.In select areas, we also offer Unattended Delivery windows. There’s no need to be present. Groceries are left on your doorstep. To ensure freshness, retrieve your groceries by the end of your selected Unattended Delivery window. Alcoholic beverages and other restricted items are not available with Unattended Delivery. Unrestricted access to your doorstep is required. Please do not select Unattended Delivery if your doorstep is not a safe location to leave groceries. Safeway is not responsible for your grocery order once it is delivered unattended. Vons/Safeway is not responsible for any theft or damage that occurs after delivery.
- Should I tip my driver?No, our drivers do not accept tips but they do appreciate your gratitude.